Welcome back! I hope your break was as restful as mine. Warmer weather is gone and hot has arrived! In hot news, Apple is working toward an amazing 100% use of re-used materials in all it’s products. They’re not there yet, but it’s a pretty exciting goal for the world’s largest Tech company to announce.
In less exciting but more urgent news, scientists just reported that by the current best estimate, we have just one decade in which to make the changes necessary to limit climate changes to a level that wouldn’t be disastrous.
DT18: IA Deadline extended
The deadline for turning in your revised Criterion A has been extended to the end-of-school on Sunday, April 30th.
Gov't Inspection coming up
Sunday April 30th will mark the opening of the Government Inspection for production, the 2nd half of Topic 2. As usual, you will have the week to take the inspection as many times as you like (with a 2-hour delay between attempts). It will close on Saturday night, the 6th of May.
Job Assignments, alerts and challenges
IB DT Y1Class of 2018
- Current Jobs
- → Criterion A revised (due 4/30)
- → Gov’t Insp. on production (opening 4/30)
- -From last week
- All done?
- • Design Project
- • See Dodavi on the Third Floor
IB DT Y2Class of 2017
- Review/Skyward jobs
- Final deadline: 5/11
- → Timber topics (25pts)
- → Playground palisade (25pts)
- → Materials master (25pts)
- → Dirty challenge (5pts)
- → Travel hanger challenge (5pts)
- → Look in the Modeling with Dodavi (floor 3) section for any jobs you didn’t do last semester (sketching challenges are 1pt each, blue foam modeling is 25pts, cardboard/foamboard modeling is 25pts)
- → If you’d like to propose your own modeling challenge, see GOYO and email Number 1 with a proposal for the number of points.