Yet another 4-day week?! I don’t know how things get finished at this place, with so many interruptions. I hope you find it restful and useful, though.
Sustainability news this week heard the announcement of a plastic eating caterpillar. In a truly exciting development for our world’s environment, scientists confirmed the surprising discovery of a caterpillar that actually digests plastic as a food source. This could end up revolutionizing the way we deal with plastic waste in the ocean and elsewhere.
Another fun development, especially for those of you interested in architecture, is the Future House Micro House design competition, looking for outstanding design of micro houses (under 500 square ft / 46 sq m). Students are allowed to enter, the prizes run to the hundreds of dollars, and the deadline for submissions is August 15th.
Predicted Grade Exam Retake
Job Assignments, alerts and challenges
IB DT Y1Class of 2018
IB DT Y2Class of 2017
- Review/Skyward jobs
- Final deadline: 5/11
- → Timber topics (25pts)
- → Playground palisade (25pts)
- → Materials master (25pts)
- → Dirty challenge (5pts)
- → Travel hanger challenge (5pts)
- → Look in the Modeling with Dodavi (floor 3) section for any jobs you didn’t do last semester (sketching challenges are 1pt each, blue foam modeling is 25pts, cardboard/foamboard modeling is 25pts)
- → If you’d like to propose your own modeling challenge, see GOYO and email Number 1 with a proposal for the number of points.