by Number One | 20160908
Visitor, it's time again for your semi-weekly assessment post. If you've been clever, you've written a daily post to your Portfolio each class, so this will be easy. If you haven't done that, it may be a bit harder; you'll need to remember back over the last 5 classes, two weeks.
The first thing you need to post is your assessment of how you did this week in terms of effort. It's not about how much you accomplished, it's about how hard you tried. In this sort of environment, giving it your all inevitably results in great results.
So, what's your grade?
I gave it my all.
I consistently tried to succeed.
I know I could have done better.
No second effort;
I didn't try very hard.
Are you kidding me?
You're wasting your time.
Who are you?
I don't recognize you.
You know what's next, Visitor. Why?
Remember, you need to include:
- Self assessment: Be honest. Example: "I give myself 'Good, but...' this time. I spent time chatting with my friends nearly every class and didn't really give my full effort to finishing jobs in the Labs."
- In review: Add details of what you did, what you learned, how you succeeded, how you failed (fails happen all the time—celebrate and learn from them). Be specific. Be brief. One paragraph.
- Imagery: A minimum of one image or video—even if it's a work in progress—within your post.
- Goal reflection: State your prior goal. Did you achieve your goal this week? Why, or why not? Be honest.
- Goal: Write your new goal for the next two weeks. Be specific. Make it meaningful and relevant to your work in Labs.
- Self-guided learning: (optional): If you used any external resources--youtube videos, websites, etc
- link it in your review post
- describe what you learned from it
- give it a rating (1-5, with 1 being bad and 5 being excellent), and
- write a one-sentence review of its worth for other students in the future.
- if it was linked in a job but you know of a better resource, please mention and link the other site. Bonus credits awarded if yours is selected to replace an existing resource.
OK, Visitor. Enjoy your Eid break!